Restaurant Technologies Careers
Mechanical Design Engineer
The Mechanical Design Engineer will lead the development of new product mechanical systems and components required to successfully launch in all national restaurant concepts.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Develops and designs new fluid-mechanical systems and system components.
- Produces design documentation drawings, BOM’s and specifications utilizing Pro-Engineer solid modeling software.
- Lab and field tests mechanical, flow, and electrical systems and produces test reports.
- Work with sales/customers to apply the product to their unique restaurants.
- Produces installation, troubleshooting and repair documentation for field service technicians.
- Works closely with product management, supply chain and manufacturers to select functional and cost effective methods to manufacture system components.
- Work directly with customers and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with 3 dimensional solid modeling tools
- Knowledge of equipment design, piping and structural fabrication
- Creative driven individual who enjoys innovating new solutions
- Ability to communicate with external customers and internal partners to solve challenges
- WHO WE ARE
Restaurant Technologies is the leading provider of highly innovative and value-enhancing bulk cooking oil management and back-of-house hood and flue cleaning solutions to the food service industry. Our solutions are environmentally sound, highly efficient and create a safer, more productive work environment for restaurant personnel.
With over 25,000 existing accounts we are an established, profitable mid-sized company poised for double-digit growth in the coming year. We are headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota with a growing number of sites strategically located across the U.S. serving over 40 metropolitan markets.OUR CULTURE
At Restaurant Technologies, we've cultivated an award winning workplace for driven team members who enjoy a fast pace and rapid growth balanced by a flexible and supportive environment. We've earned recognition as a "Best Place to Work," by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal along with The Minnesota Work Life Champions Award while consistently earning a spot on the list of Minnesota’s Fastest Growing Companies. In addition, we've earned numerous awards from our customer base who consider Restaurant Technologies a valued strategic partner.OUR CUSTOMERS
We serve national quick-service and full-service restaurant chains, independent restaurants, grocery delis, convenience stores, hotels, casinos, universities and hospitals. Many of the leading brands in food service partner with Restaurant Technologies including McDonald’s, Burger King, KFC, Shake Shack, Applebee’s, Albertson’s, Wegmans and more.